Usually around this time, you start seeing all sorts of “[Year] In Review” – type posts, which, call me a Grinch, tend to get pretty old after a while. Not always, but after the 11th blog recapping the author’s last twelve months, it seems ho-hum. If you feel the same, welcome aboard. I’ll spare you by just saying my 2012 was pretty good. I had my ups (getting married) and my downs (Mom’s health problems) but everything has worked out well so far and there’s only 3 days left for everything to go to absolute Hell. I’d say the odds are in my favor.
This week you also tend to start seeing the “Looking Forward to [Next Year]!” posts. Those I usually enjoy. I consider myself an optimist by necessity — look forward and you’ve got nothing but hope, look back for too long and you’ll drown in even the smallest setbacks.
So what have I got to look forward to in 2013?
1. A new job! I finally got pulled from the waitlist at Tutor.com and am in the final stages (i.e., background check) of getting certified. I’ll hopefully be able to start tutoring in the next week or two.
2. New books! I scored a B&N gift card for Christmas and I’ve already spent most of it. Plus, some of my favorite authors will be releasing new titles in the coming months, so I’m doubly excited to spend some more time with my old buddies.
3. Our own home! After so much planning and hoping, Devin and I will finally be able to get our own place. Just as soon as we can find pet-friendly rentals…
4. Amazon’s Breakthrough Novel Contest! Each year I’ve gone to enter, I chickened out at the last minute. This year, I WILL do it. And if the deadline gets close and I haven’t, both Devin and my mother have instructions to lock me in the bathroom and submit it for me anyway.
5. A new blog! The first week in January I’ll be launching my DIY blog. I love cooking/crocheting/gardening/etc almost as much as I do writing. Keep an eye out for the link!